Friday, November 27, 2009

Chapeau, Monsieur Aznavour

Well, from a 70 year young lady to an 85 year young man: Charles Aznavour. Today a new album of Armenia's Ambassador to Switzerland was released.
Apart from that I shall prefer listening to his old chansons: What an artist; the more when comparing him to the many tiny squallers who think they were stars, not knowing they are at least 86 per cent bicycle*.



* Those few - although it is most unlikely they exist - who would not understand what I am refering to, as they happen to not being in possession of the master's complete œvre: Saddle your ponies, folks, and hurry up. The friendly, most well-educated and -sorted bookseller just round the corner will be happy to fill the gaps of your education and in your bookshelf.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this fascinating video. I intend to buy the album. Like you, Sean, I prefer his old interpretation. But to see a man of 85 so eager to keep on learning and renewing himself is uplifting and inspiring. Never resting on the past accomplishment, but always finding another road to travel on, is what kept le vagabond musician (as Aznavour calls himself) so dear to my heart all those years. I get very emotional about Monsieur Aznavour.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia,
    glad you enjoyed the video. I thought you would. That's why I posted it. :)

    ReplyDelete