Friday, May 26, 2017

Friday is Skyday

Thoughts are free, who can guess them?
They fly by like nocturnal shadows.
No man can know them, no hunter can shoot them
with powder and lead: Thoughts are free!

I think what I want, and what delights me,
still always reticent, and as it is suitable.
My wish and desire, no one can deny me
and so it will always be: Thoughts are free!

And if I am thrown into the darkest dungeon,
all these are futile works,
because my thoughts tear all gates
and walls apart: Thoughts are free!

So I will renounce my sorrows forever,
and never again will torture myself with whimsies.
In one's heart, one can always laugh and joke
and think at the same time: Thoughts are free!

I love wine, and my girl even more,
Only her I like best of all.
I'm not alone with my glass of wine,
my girl is with me: Thoughts are free!

15 comments:

  1. Thoughts and Truth are free.

    Thoughts lead to Truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thoughts lead to lies too. Thoughts lead to wickedness. Thoughts lead to everything good and everything bad and everything in between. Maybe if thoughts were not free we might be more careful about what thoughts we think, I think.

      Delete
    2. Ha, Andrew, now you revealed the thought(s), that let me ask the question above.
      Anyway, thank you!

      Delete
    3. I thought that was what I was doing

      Delete
  2. Thoughts may be free but sharing them can come with a heavy price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an old man and have known a great many troubles,
    but most of them have never happened.
    ~ Mark Twain

    Isn't that always the way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thought are free? Why didn't you tell me before?
    I avoided thinking for years because my money had run out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely poem.
    But where do thoughts go as blog ceases to be?
    How will it be if you press the delete key?
    Are those kind thoughts allowed to roam free?
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for dropping by via Susan's, Mrs Byrnes, and welcome to Omnium.
    Interesting questions.
    The more as Thursday will be the 10th anniversary of this blog, and one option / thought is to let it 'cease to be'.
    Pressing the delete key would have, though, about the same effect as – with thanks to my friend Giulio (Stocchi) – a fart in the wind.
    But hey, thoughts will always be able to 'roam free', may they be kind or evil. They don't need any allowance(, for the time being).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One can cease without deleting, then after ceasing one can restart, as I have found. Deleting would be drastic.

      Delete
  7. Uff! Pardon me, Mr Byrnes. Please consider the 's' not existent, with a lenient smile.

    ReplyDelete