After 37 years, almost an entire generation knows, at best from hearsay, what life felt like in the two Germanys (in the decades) before 9 November 1989.
No doubt this has to do with education. And therefore with stupidity.
If Hamlet lived in these climes, he would probably say with respect to the German Unity Day:
Something is rotten in the state of Germany.
And who were I to disagree?
´Darrerament a Alemanya, sembla que passen coses que no hauria dit mai que passarien.....
ReplyDeleteAquella nit de 1989, tampoc creia el que veien els meus ulls a la pantalla de televisió ...i va passar . Definitivament, la realitat sempre supera a la imaginació.
Esperem i desitgem , que els esdeveniments "sorpresa" al menys ens portin coses bones...que de dolentes ja n'hi han prou !.
Bona setmana, amic !. A veure si s'arregla això de les actualitzacions !!.
Thank you for your kind wishes, Artur!
DeleteYes, that 9 November remains (for me) unforgettable, as does the year(s) that followed, which I spent as a journalist in the border region.
36 years on: the threshold for voting for fascists has fallen alarmingly low. A sense of entitlement, discontent, the world of work, a culture of resistance, the state of education (or lack thereof), anti-social media – all this and much more is contributing to the extremes becoming increasingly polarised.
When I think of my grandchildren, I feel anxious and fearful.
And now for something completely different.
Junts! Unless I’m mistaken, are Puigdemont and his nationalists all just attention-seekers who couldn’t care less about the common good?
La pau de la nit, amic!
Si !...definitivament, hi han coses que no s'entenen gens ....
ReplyDeleteSalut ; )
Què ha canviat des d'aquell dia?... Jo diría que tot i per a mal.
ReplyDeletePetonets, Sean.