Que sigui l'ultim pensament del dia d'avui.... però que demà i passat també i molts més dies, en tinguis molts i molts més, eh !! : ) Un brindis amb la cervesa i bona setmana ; )
An intriguing choice this time, Sean. I haven't read Hilsenrath, but from what I know of this book, using an almost fable-like form to approach such a dark chapter of history must make for a very unusual reading experience. Your Beers & Books series keeps putting authors on my radar that I might otherwise never come across. Gauaren bakea, Sean.
Ah, I take your words for a lovely compliment, dear Gumer. Thank you! As linked above for Bill, "The Nazi and His Barber" is, for me, an even more remarkable work by this extraordinary writer. Gauaren bakea.
Let's hope the last thought is a good one.
ReplyDeleteThe final thought in this fairy tale dedicated to the Armenian genocide is, in any case, a conciliatory, a hopeful one.
DeleteUn de tants genocidis que s'han dut a terme en aquest món...
ReplyDeletePetonets, Sean.
Yes.
DeletePetonets, Paula.
Sounds interesting.
ReplyDeleteEven more fascinating than the brillantly written "Story of the Last Thought" is The Nazi and the Barber , herewith highly recommended.
DeleteQue sigui l'ultim pensament del dia d'avui.... però que demà i passat també i molts més dies, en tinguis molts i molts més, eh !! : )
ReplyDeleteUn brindis amb la cervesa i bona setmana ; )
May your words reach my destiny's ear,dear A. Herewith raising my glass to your health. Sláinte! ;-)
DeleteAn intriguing choice this time, Sean. I haven't read Hilsenrath, but from what I know of this book, using an almost fable-like form to approach such a dark chapter of history must make for a very unusual reading experience. Your Beers & Books series keeps putting authors on my radar that I might otherwise never come across.
ReplyDeleteGauaren bakea, Sean.
Ah, I take your words for a lovely compliment, dear Gumer. Thank you!
DeleteAs linked above for Bill, "The Nazi and His Barber" is, for me, an even more remarkable work by this extraordinary writer.
Gauaren bakea.