Thursday, February 18, 2010

Forest Bulb: Some thought I were Venus

Well, as promised for today's Laughing Lhursday, here's the metagrobolistic subject of Seanstronomy, observed in daytime.

I think from now on I shall call this star Forest Bulb.

As now :) can (perhaps) easily be seen it's neither Venus, Moon, nor Mars, but the good old bulb at the edge of our good old greenhouse which - mind you, the greenhouse, not the bulb - once, deep in the past millennium, was build mainly from old windows by our father (never would have come to my mind he was "but" my father-in-law) who whenever I'd admire his various skills (and how often I would!) accompanied by his unique tiny smile used to say (and still I do have his voice in my ear): "Sean, you can well be stupid as long as you know how to help yourself."

By the way: See the bright spot on the western side of Forest Bulb's northern hemisphere, pretty near to its equator? That's the sun.

Well, I am pretty sure that someone who on first sight knows to distinguish Mars from a bulb [see here, in the comment section] will probably insist on that it's rather a reflection of the sun, or to put it more precisely ... here's your turn, Andrew. :)

And now, getting hungry, I'll dedicate myself to something completely different. Bertus would call it minestronology.

6 comments:

  1. Your Dad was right in that there are many who consider themselves clever yet can't help themselves. On reflection, that's a wonderful photograph of the magic inherent in the banal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been had...I don't really mind! The search provided a great trip around our small but fascinating universe. I said small because I soon exhausted the possibilities. Amazing that a prosaic light bulb could create so much expectation, and a touch of frustration. I truly believe that Seanhenge is a never-never-ending fantasy land where all things can happen to metagrobolise us.:)

    Actually Forest Bulb could become Venus if two romantic hearts would seek its light, at night, to look in one another's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Susan, you made the everyday into something magical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How different things seem in the new light of day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That object that is attached to Venus ... Could it be a stargate??
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan,
    welcome to Omnium and thanks for your kind com(pli)ment.

    Claudia,
    glad you enjoyed your trip. Your guesses were - so to speak - a lovely launch pad for the corners of my mouth to start some expeditions to the ear-lobes.
    As for your thought: This does certainly offer a very special kind of an expedition to Venus. :)

    Jams,
    Thanks, my friend.

    CherryPie,
    don't they, Mylady? :)

    Ardent,
    blimey!! This could be the beginning of an other thrilling quest. :)

    ReplyDelete