Friday, April 04, 2008

Wordy Wednesday III

Another Wordy Wednesday then. And as it is known latest since Donna Hightower's 'This World is a Mess': Why not on a Thursday?

Unlike last week today I shall listen to my stomach (German idiom). And this is what my stomach said the other week: Careful, Sean. Less is more.

Thus, instead of ten remarkable postings and perhaps too much reading stuff, tonight I do commend just five. Here we go:

1. To help us getting in the right mood for this year's Olympic Games, The Little Man let us for 7:04 minutes feel the wonderful spirit of those Olympic Games 72 years ago the 'leaders' of China are absolutely determined to surpass.

2. This is a great pleasure for me. Very probably he will leniently smile when reading 'this man is no blogger; he is a poet'. But that is what he is.
To visit his site every morning has (almost) become a ritual. And I am glad, Floots gave me permission to 'pinch' one of his recent gems. Here it is:




Now, is that poetry?!

3. Back to prosa. Late, only yesterday night, I noticed Ian Appleby's latest post: No nukes are good nukes. As (almost) always: Thought provoking.

4. And now to my badly neglected friend Erkan who's output is such amazing that one could daily spend hours on his site. To cut it short: I do admire his professionalism, his wonderful friendliness - and, just to make him happy - I wish Besiktas to become Turkish champion. :) Some days ago Erkan put the focus on following question: Should Wilders become censored?

5. And finally, a painting by the poet I introduced you to the other week: Janice Thomson. It's to be found on her second blogsite: Gray Sky Over Mountains.

And now, I hope to have found a nice little mixture. Enjoy, and have a marvellous week - until next 'Wordy Wednesday' - and if it will happen to be a Friday. :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh Sean - your Wordy Wednesday is now an institution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have taken over blog focus from our Mongolian friend.
    Five courses makes the perfect meal, a taste of everything finished off by a wonderful dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoy my time here Sir Sean.
    Being a relatively new blogger I am always amazed at the quality and diversity of blogs on the net.

    Thank you so much for bringing attention to my blogs - you are most kind - what a delightful surprise.

    If I may: thank you too JMB for your 'sweet' comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. James - :)

    jmb - not at all. :) But thanks for what I take as consent: Less is (sometimes) more.

    Lady Janice - It's a pleasure. :) I thank y o u.

    ReplyDelete